Maarten van der Graaf partner
Maarten’s broad transactional practice encompasses corporate and finance transactions. He advises financial institutions, private equity investors and corporates, and also regularly works with international firms on cross-border transactions. Prior to co-founding Stek, Maarten was an attorney at NautaDutilh and at Cravath, Swaine & Moore in New York. Maarten also served as legal counsel in the Office of the General Counsel of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in London. In the Chambers Europe and Legal 500 guides Maarten is recommended for his work.
Chambers: ”smart and practical” (2020); “very efficient, he understands things quickly and he is pragmatic and solution-driven.” (2017); “he is a highly intelligent, experienced lawyer. He really is super.” (2015); “fast, responsive and excellent to work with” (2013); “brilliantly practical and particularly good at what he does” (2011). Legal 500: “a real pleasure to work with” (2020); “always provides practical solutions” (2015).
- Stek advises Buckaroo on the intended acquisition of payment service provider Sisow
- Stek advises Assa Abloy on EU Commission remedies sale of Record Holding to FAAC
- Stek advises Saab on sale of QPS
- Stek advises Partech on Kaizo investment
- Stek represents WeTransfer in secondary funding round