- Dispute Resolution
Simon is a determined and experienced litigator. His practice covers the full range of commercial litigation, with an emphasis on contractual and tort-law liability, and the enforcement of court orders. His extensive experience includes cases involving fraud, contractual disputes, anti-trust litigation, corporate transaction disputes, and cross-border enforcement.
Simon has a particular interest in private international law and procedural law. He regularly contributes to legal journals on these areas of law and also teaches in several post-academic programs for legal professionals.
In 2017 and 2018, Simon was ranked “Next Generation Lawyer” in the Legal 500 Rankings. In 2019 he was recognized as key name and “Rising Star”.
Before joining Stek in 2020, Simon was a senior associate at the commercial litigation department at Stibbe in Amsterdam.
Prior experience includes:
- Representing a major national bank in several proceedings regarding interest rate derivatives
- Senior role in lead-counsel team for major airline in extensive cartel damages proceedings
- Senior role in team acting for the purchaser in a multi-billion euro M&A dispute in the optical market
- Representing an international investment bank regarding claims in Fortis investor settlement
- Proceedings for a multinational beer and beverage manufacturer regarding alleged abuse of market power by a group company
- Cross-border enforcement of a court order with value of app. € 500 ml
- Dispute about ownership of a valuable Stradivarius string instrument
- Representing an Australian agricultural business in contractual disputes over plant breeders’ rights
- Disputes in the context of the winding down of an international financial institution
- Representing a multinational company in damages action following the Bow Jubail oil spill
- Representing a public company in investigation and recourse actions following a large external fraud case