Our Energy and Utilities Team is an integrated multi-disciplinary team that distinguishes itself by:
- accessible top quality against competitive rates;
- a very good track record and reputation;
- excellent working relations with regulators and policy makers;
- a decisive, personal and responsive service.
“the best in the Netherlands; fantastic reputation” – Chambers Europe – Energy and Natural resources
We would be delighted to help your organisation and in-house team to achieve your objectives with respect to contracts, transactions and projects, sector-specific advise and dispute resolution and financings.
You can rely on us for all contracts, corporate transactions and projects. We would be delighted to assist you with inter alia:
- co-operation agreements, supply agreements and general conditions;
- corporate transactions, including mergers & acquisitions and joint ventures;
- projects, including wind parks, geothermal projects, solar parks and biomass projects.
We have a very good track record and reputation with respect to sector specific-advice and dispute resolution. We would be delighted to assist you with inter alia:
- advice on sector-specific issues in all stages of the value chain;
- contacts with regulators, such as the Authority for Consumers and Markets, and policy makers;
- avoiding or successfully solving disputes, including disputes with competitors and regulators such as ACM.
We have ample experience in financing companies and projects. We would be delighted to assist you with inter alia:
- loans and acquisition financings;
- project financings;
- restructurings and security packages.
Below please find an overview of recent, often multi-disciplinary, cases of the Energy and Utilities Team.
Contracts, transactions and projects
- a large number of energy companies, including Eneco/Oxxio, RWE/Essent, OMV, Naturgy and Gazprom/WINGAS, in devising their standard documentation and the avoidance or mitigation of contractual risks;
- network company Stedin in the acquisition of Delta Network Group and the auction sale of Joulz Energy Solutions;
- energy company Nuon/Vattenfall in the acquisition of several wind parks and solar parks and the sale of its heat assets in the province of Utrecht;
- the shareholders of inter alia Lagerwey and Nuts Group in the sale of their energy company;
- wind turbine manufacturer ENERCON in wind park projects such as NOP Agrowind and Wind Park Krammer;
- Afvalfonds Verpakkingen and AEB Amsterdam with respect to their co-operation for the post-separation of waste;
- the Heat Alliance (Province of South Holland), Port of Rotterdam, Gasunie, Eneco and Heat Company Rotterdam) in their joint heat activities.
Sector-specific advice and dispute resolution
- the regional distribution companies electricity and gas and their representative organisation Netbeheer Nederland in landmark appeals against the tariff regulation for the energy transportation tariffs;
- the state energy company EBN with respect to inter alia decommissioning of oil and gas assets and geothermal projects;
- the distribution companies Liander and Stedin in landmark administrative procedures, including the first large chamber procedure before the Administrative High Court for Trade and Industry;
- energy companies such as Eneco and Stedin and the electrical charging infrastructure company Allego in complex civil litigation against competitors and trading partners;
- big energy users such as Tata Steel and Microsoft with respect to their energy supply;
- many energy companies, water companies, transport companies and waste companies in avoiding or mitigating regulatory risks.
- financial institutions BNG and Rabobank with respect to geothermal projects;
- financial institution NIBC in financing biomass plants;
- investor Zenith Energy in the financing of the acquisition of the BP terminal in Amsterdam;
- heat company Ennatuurlijk in its corporate financing;
- investors/financiers such as NIBC, AKEF (Amsterdam Climate and Energy Fund) and LEF (Limburg Energy Fund) with their loans.
Would you like to know more about how we can help you? Please contact Reijnoud Homveld (Corporate and Projects), Jan Erik Janssen (Regulated Markets and Dispute Resolution), Herman Wamelink (Finance) or another contact person of our Energy and Utilities Team.