Ruben Elkerbout partner
Ruben Elkerbout is partner in Stek’s Competition & Regulated Markets practice. He is an all-round highly recommended competition law expert who acts on the full range of EU and Dutch competition law issues, with a particular focus on antitrust litigation and complex cartel cases, including leniency, investigations and compliance issues. Ruben also has ample experience with various distribution systems, dominance, state aid and merger control. In addition, Ruben is a trusted advisor and litigator in the field of complex regulatory issues involving sector specific legislation and the allocation of scarce resources, e.g. concession contracts, permits and airports slots.
Ruben advises and represents clients across numerous sectors, e.g. aviation, transportation, leisure, manufacturing, maritime services and consumer goods. Ruben regularly speaks at national and international conferences and has published extensively on competition issues, including with respect to cartels and competition litigation.
Ruben is recommended in the EU/Competition section of all leading legal directories, including Chambers & Partners, Legal500, GCR and Who’s Who legal.
“He has a very well-developed ability to translate commercial business behaviour into a legal context and the other way around. He is good at giving concrete business examples and making it easy to understand complex competition matters” (Chambers 2017); “Highly recommended” (Legal 500 2017); “Rising star” (Legal500 2016); “A pragmatic lawyer, excellent litigator and great strategist” (Chambers 2015); “Practical and solution-driven” (Legal500 2015); “He is very client-friendly and knows how to work with difficult people” (Chambers 2014): “bright, innovative and results-focused”; “Praised for his robust knowledge of all competition and EU law issues. Clients cite his “pragmatic and clear advice” as a major advantage” (Chambers 2013); “Ruben Elkerbout is singled out by his clients for his skills in court hearings: “His knowledge of cartel law is amazing. We were very happy with his work and performance” (Chambers 2012).
- Stek advises Audax on the acquisition of Bruna
- Stek advises ING Corporate Investments and Nunner Logistics
- Stek advises Corendon Holiday Group on the envisaged sale of the tour operator and Dutch airline Corendon to Triton
- Stek successfully appeals attribution of cartel fine to managing partners
- Stek advises Egeria and its portfolio company Ilionx on the acquisition of a majority stake in QNH
- The 2nd Annual Meeting of the European Competition Law Association
- Legal 500 2019: Again praise for Stek
- Stek in Chambers Europe 2019
- Stek edits a new database of European private enforcement case summaries on Kluwer Competition Law
- Stek contributes to Getting The Deal Through’s Market Intelligence series – Cartels 2018
- Investor liability for cartel infringements by portfolio companies confirmed
- Getting the Deal Through – Private Antitrust Litigation – Netherlands 2018
- Getting the Deal Through – Private Antitrust Litigation – Netherlands 2017
- Mededingingsrechtelijke aspecten van online verkoopbeperkingen in exclusieve en selectieve distributiestelsels