Jan Erik Janssen partner
Jan Erik Janssen advises and litigates on regulated markets and competition issues. He represents clients in administrative and civil litigation and before competition authorities, regulators and policy makers. Jan Erik joined Stek as a partner in 2006. Before that he was a competition and regulated markets partner at Allen & Overy. Jan Erik is editor of the Netherlands Journal for Energy Law and has been voted best energy lawyer in the Netherlands by his peers. In the authoritative directories he is lauded by clients for his competition and energy work (in Chambers Europe currently as the only band 1 energy regulatory lawyer in the Netherlands). Jan Erik is non-executive director (two tier board) of AquaMinerals (water sector) and active in various pro bono initiatives.
“formidable energy and competition lawyer who stands out for his skills” (Chambers 2017), incredible regulatory lawyer” (Legal 500 2017), “outstanding reputation”, “the number one for us” (Chambers 2016), “a great lawyer”, “an outstanding reputation in the field of competition law” (Legal 500 2015), “an excellent competition lawyer” (Chambers 2015), “very up to date on energy law, but also good at the simple things; responsive and timely”, “the top expert in the energy regulatory arena” (Chambers 2014), “brilliant – definitely the top specialist in energy regulatory legislation”, “very accessible and approachable”, “clear, accurate and straightforward”(Chambers 2013), “a prominent figure in the competition field”, “friendly and dedicated to his clients” (Chambers 2012), “brilliant, especially for energy and competition” (Chambers 2011).
- Stek successful for Enduris in dispute with Arkema
- Stek successful for energy distribution companies in appeal over network tariffs 2017-2021
- Stek advises Stedin Groep on the auction sale of Joulz to 3i Infrastructure
- Stek successful for Eneco in landmark dispute with CertiQ
- Stek advises Limburgs Energiefonds on acquisition Mijnwater
- Legal 500 2019: Again praise for Stek
- Stek in Chambers Europe 2019
- Stek with two lawyers in 2018 Who’s Who Legal: Energy
- Legal 500 2018: Again praise for Stek
- Chambers 2018: Praise for Stek