Berend Reuder partner
Berend Reuder is partner in the practice group Competition & Regulated Markets. Berend specializes in Dutch, EU and Curaçao competition law and has ample experience with merger control rules, the cartel prohibition, the prohibition on abuse of dominance and state aid. His merger control expertise includes both merger notification procedures and sanction procedures relating to late notification of a transaction (gun jumping). With respect to cartels and dominance, Berend’s expertise includes compliance related questions, unannounced inspections by the authorities (dawn raids), leniency and fining procedures. He represents clients in both civil and administrative proceedings.
Berend’s sector specific expertise includes healthcare and tech markets:
– Berend has extensive experience in the healthcare sector and is member of the healthcare team. Berend’s expertise includes cartel investigations, assessment of the compatibility of cooperation agreements with the cartel prohibition and notification of mergers and acquisitions to the Dutch competition authority (Autoriteit Consument en Markt) as well as the Dutch healthcare authority (Nederlandse Zorgautoriteit).
– Berend’s broad experience in the tech sector includes online platforms, dynamic pricing, licensing and the use of algorithms. Berend is a member of the technology team.
Berend studied both Economics (2004) and Law (2006) and worked at Houthoff’s EU & Competition unit before joining Stek. He publishes regularly and is editor of the reference books European Competition Law (Edward Elgar) and Nederlands Mededingingsrecht (Kluwer).
Clients admire Berend’s “technical knowledge and commercial awareness,” in addition to his “comforting communication style.” (Chambers 2018)
“Highly recommended” (Legal 500 2016), “Receiving strong praise” (Legal 500 2017).
- Stek advises shareholders Simpel on acquisition of Simpel by T-mobile: acquisition completed
- Stek advises on the sale of Globalinternet to Expereo
- Stek advises shareholders Simpel on acquisition by T-Mobile
- Stek advises Gebr. Heinemann and Casualfood on joint venture Smartseller
- Stek successfully represented Schakelring, De Riethorst Stromenland and Volckaert in the second phase ACM merger control procedure
- Legal 500 2020: Again praise for Stek
- Stek speaks at UIA’s 10th Annual Business Law Forum on compliance in the digital world
- Legal 500 2019: Again praise for Stek
- Stek in Chambers Europe 2019
- Berend Reuder partner at Stek