1. Stek Advocaten B.V. (“Stek”) is a limited liability company (besloten vennootschap met beperkte aansprakelijkheid) incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands, whose object is to conduct the practice of law . A list of the persons who own shares in Stek through their holding companies (the “Partners”) shall be provided upon request.
2. All client assignments are considered by Stek to have been given to it as an organization. This shall also apply if the client expressly or implicitly intends the assignment to be performed by a specific person. The operation of articles 7:404 and 7:407 paragraph 2 of the Dutch Civil Code is excluded.
3. If, in the context of the performance of an assignment, an event occurs which leads to liability, then such liability shall be limited to the amount which is paid out under the professional liability insurance taken out by Stek, plus the amount of the deductible which must be borne by Stek pursuant to the insurance policy in the matter concerned. Such event may include a failure to act.
4. These General Conditions apply to every assignment accepted by Stek, including supplemental and follow-up assignments. They are available in the Dutch and English language. In the case of any discrepancy as to the contents and purport of these conditions, the Dutch text shall take precedence.
5. The provisions in these General Conditions are made for the benefit not only of Stek, but also of all Partners, all persons working for Stek and all third parties engaged by Stek in carrying out an assignment.
6. Stek shall take the necessary due care in selecting third parties to be engaged in carrying out an assignment and shall, insofar as possible, consult with the client in advance about such engagement. Stek is not liable for any acts or omissions of third parties. The client hereby authorises Stek to accept any limitations of liability of third parties on its behalf.
7. The legal relationship between Stek and its clients shall be governed by Dutch law. Any dispute shall be exclusively submitted to the competent court in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Stek Advocaten B.V. has its corporate seat in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and is registered with the Dutch trade register in Amsterdam under number 34215701.